Mahant Yogi Adityanath (born Ajay Singh Bisht 5 June 1972) is an Indian priest and politician with an image as a Hindutva (Hindu nationalist) “firebrand”. He was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 19th March 2017 after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) secured majority in the 2017 state assembly elections in which he was a prominent campaigner. He is also the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini, a militant youth organisation that has been involved in communal violence.
Immediately after becoming CM of Uttar Pradesh he take some big decisions which are commendable.
HERE ARE THE 5 BIG DECISIONS OF YOGI ADITYANATH SO FAR:
- ANTI-ROMEO SQUADS: Keen on delivering on its promise of checking eve-teasing to ensure safety of college-going girls, UP CM Adityanath has ordered state administration of anti-Romeo squads.
- STAY ON UPPSC RESULTS: The new state government has ordered a stay on Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) results after complaints of massive irregularities.
The government has directed UPPSC to halt all exams and interviews till further orders.
- CLOSURE OF ‘ILLEGAL’ SLAUGHTER HOUSES: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) used the issue of slaughter houses in a big way during election campaign and now it want to deliver on the promises made.
Soon after taking oath, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had made it clear that closure of ‘illegal’ slaughter houses in the state is on top of his agenda. Since March 19, several slaughter houses have been sealed in Ghaziabad, Allahabad and other parts of the state.
- BLANKET BAN ON COW SMUGGLING: In keeping with the BJP’s manifesto, the CM ordered a blanket ban on smuggling of cows and said zero tolerance would be exercised in this regard.
- 25 ACRE LAND FOR RAM MUSEUM: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday met Union Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma and is learnt to have discussed the construction of a huge Ramayana museum in Ayodhya.
The Centre has already allocated a fund of Rs 154 crore for the ambitious project.
Well this the terrific start, let us see what more would be coming.